Fax encryption software

Jonathan Blake grafolog at netcom.com
Tue Sep 26 21:47:49 PDT 1995

	I saw this article in alt.privacy.

	Anybody think the described encryption actually is worth
	looking at.

From: clav at deltanet.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy
Subject: Re: FAX Encryption Software
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 12:39:53 GMT

Dear Mr. Chaos,

We are talking about a 72 bit engine that is more than
sufficiently strong for time sensitive general business purposes.
In addition it does not rely merely on simple factoring but a
process called graphical encryption that adds additional
difficulty to an attack. I would like to see if your cracking
abilities are anywhere near your abilities to return an
uninformed answer. I invite you to try your skill.

David
_____________

In article <43ii1t$210 at nntp.crl.com>, acollier at crl.com wrote:
>clav at deltanet.com wrote:
>
>>ANYONE FOR A CRYPTO-STRONG, YET EASY TO USE FAX/EMAIL SECURITY
>>SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR BUSINESS OR OTHER USE???
>
>>Aliroo Ltd. has developed a Windows, eye-to-eye fax/email
>>encryption package called PrivaSoft.
>
>>Unlike any previously devised system, this method protects,
with
>>only 4 mouse clicks, fax and email transmissions in electronic
>>and even paper form - FROM THE TIME YOU CREATE A MESSAGE UNTIL
IT
>>IS READ - NOT JUST WHEN YOUR FAX IS BEING TRANSMITTED.
>
>>You can encrypt a message, and then fax or email it (via plain
>>old standard fax machine or fax modem), print it to paper or
save
>>to a disk file.
>
>>It is fully licensed, without restriction for export, by the
U.S.