Security Update news release

Patrick Horgan patrick at Verity.COM
Tue Sep 26 10:37:13 PDT 1995

> >  Here is the press release we put out this morning regarding the fix
> >for RNG seed and stack overflow problems.
>
> Do the new versions use PGP's randseed.bin? If Netscape even only looks at
> data used to keep PGP secure,  Netscape will be banned from my computer
> and every computer I am responsible for. -- For good.

That doesn't quite make sense.  Netscape reading randseed.bin can have no
effect on the security of PGP.

Patrick
  /  These opinions are mine, and not Verity's (except by coincidence;).  \
 |  Patrick J. Horgan         Verity Inc.                 \\    Have       |
 |  patrick at verity.com        1550 Plymouth Street         \\  _ Sword     |
 |  Phone : (415)960-7600     Mountain View                 \\/    Will    |
 |  FAX   : (415)960-7750     California 94303             _/\\     Travel |