Netscape for Linux?

Jeff Simmons jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Fri Sep 22 10:32:29 PDT 1995

> In article <199509212125.RAA00188 at hoopsnake.cjs.net>, cjs at netcom.com (Christopher J. Shaulis) writes:
> > And the sad part is that now that they have announced that they are
> > dropping their unofficial Linux support, I really want to hurt
> > Netscape badly.
>
>   This is news to me.  We have engineers spending valuable time keeping
> our linux port running.  If you tell me where you saw this, I will look
> into it.
>
> 	--Jeff

I, and many other Linux users that I know, have repeatedly contacted
Netscape offering to pay for a Linux version of Navigator - we have usually
been either 'brushed off' or completely ignored.  And now there is no
mention of a Linux port of v2.0 - not surprising that this 'rumor' is
running around.  I think a statement by you or someone else at Netscape
supporting a Linux version would go a long way in reassuring the Linux
community, even if it's something that is going to take a while.

And you might want to drop by the usenet comp.os.linux.* hierarchy -
they're already working on ways to use your html extensions to design
web pages  that can't be read by Navigator ...

Jeff Simmons                           jsimmons at goblin.punk.net