Mosaic Bug (same as Netscape bug) (was Re: Another Netscape Bug)

Futplex futplex at pseudonym.com
Fri Sep 22 01:01:26 PDT 1995

Jeff Weinstein writes:
>   Not that I want to divert attention away from netscape(OK, maybe I
> do :-) ), but does this bug exist in any other common browser?

Good question.

Here's one answer, obtained using a minor variation on Ray's URL:

Congratulations, you have found a bug in
NCSA Mosaic 2.4 on Sun.

If a core file was generated in your directory,
please run 'dbx Mosaic' (or 'dbx /path/Mosaic' if the
Mosaic executable is not in your current directory)
and then type:
  dbx> where
and mail the results, and a description of what you were doing at the time,
to mosaic-x at ncsa.uiuc.edu.  We thank you for your support.

...exiting NCSA Mosaic now.

Now, the question is, does Netscape use _the same code_ that was used in
Mosaic for this purpose ?

-Futplex <futplex at pseudonym.com>