Cypherpunks Press release

K. M. Ellis kelli at zeus.towson.edu
Wed Sep 20 12:00:43 PDT 1995

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Dietrich J. Kappe wrote:

> We've seen the word "hacker" kicked around rather arbitrarily in the press.
> Are we to conclude that the cypherpunks are a bunch of hackers? I think its
> time for some cypherpunks spin. How about a logo *and* a press release? The
> press release would give contacts (email, phone, etc.) so that someone on
> this list would be contacted by journalists when a crypto story breaks.
>
> If we get enough volunteers, we can fax blanket every newspaper, station,
> and network in the world.

I've got a pretty effective list of fax numbers...everything from the fox
network to CBS' Eye on America show.   Anyone can contact me if you need
'em.. I'm sure we could put them to good use.

-=Kathleen M. Ellis=-

kelli at zeus.towson.edu       Geek Code v3.0      http://zeus.towson.edu/~kelli/
GAT dx s++:- a-- C++ uu+++ P+ L++ E- W++ N K W--- O- M- V-- PS+++ PE- y+>+(-)
PGP+>++ t+ 5 x+ R tv b+++ DI- D--- G e h* r+ z**
Diverse Sexual Orientation Coll.Towson State University DSOC at zeus.towson.edu

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince With The Thousand Enemies. . .
And whenever they catch you, they will kill you.
But first, they must catch you. . ."
                                           -Richard Adams