Cypherpunks Press release

David J. Bianco bianco at itribe.net
Wed Sep 20 09:10:09 PDT 1995

On Sep 20, 10:28, Dietrich J. Kappe sent the following to the NSA's mail
archives:
> Subject: Cypherpunks Press release
|| We've seen the word "hacker" kicked around rather arbitrarily in the
press.
|| Are we to conclude that the cypherpunks are a bunch of hackers? I think
its
|| time for some cypherpunks spin. How about a logo *and* a press release?
The
|| press release would give contacts (email, phone, etc.) so that someone
on
|| this list would be contacted by journalists when a crypto story breaks.
|| If we get enough volunteers, we can fax blanket every newspaper,
station,
|| and network in the world.

I think it's a great idea, personally.  I think many journalists would like
to find third party opinions about network security and other cryptography
issues, but just don't know who to talk to about them.  By making it easy
for them to find us, we'd be more likely to be consulted for opinions.

I'd be willing to serve as a contact for my area (Southeastern Virginia) if
anyone wants to start putting together such a list.

David J. Bianco			| Web Wonders, Online Oddities, Cool Stuff
iTribe, Inc.			| Phone: (804) 446-9060
Suite 1700, World Trade Center	| email: <bianco at itribe.net>
Norfolk, VA 23510		| URL  : http://www.itribe.net/~bianco/