Not Crypto: Referencing Electronic Texts

Deranged Mutant rrothenb at ic.sunysb.edu
Tue Sep 19 20:07:07 PDT 1995

This has nothing to do with crypto, but it's a question I'm sure a few
people on the list have had to deal with this as well...

I'm doing a research project for a class on the problems of making
scholarly references to electronic documents, mainly on the how-tos
(for author writing document as well as one who cites an electronic
document in footnotes and bibliographies), as well as some technical
problems (sites change or go down, documents are modified by author
or hacker who doesn't indicate a modification, etc..).

Any information, URLs, references, personal anecdotes, methods, tips,
etc. would be greatly appreciated. (Please reply to me and not the
list unless you find some bizarre way of relating this to crypto...)

Thanks,

Rob