NYT on Netscape Crack

hallam at w3.org hallam at w3.org
Tue Sep 19 08:49:43 PDT 1995

I take a long term view of security. Basically I don't trust security software
until it has been released in a stable condition for a few years.

The comments about Credit Card numbers miss the point. The volumes of trade on
the Internet today are so small that the number of card numbers floating arround
is insignificant. There are much easier ways to find them than cracking the
Internet. This will not be the case in a couple of years time where the trade
volumes are far higher.

Visa and Mastercard will be comming out with a spec which will have very tight
requirements for implementations.

	Phill