cypherpunks as a newsgroup

Black Unicorn unicorn at polaris.mindport.net
Sat Sep 16 14:44:32 PDT 1995

On Sat, 16 Sep 1995, Alan Olsen wrote:

> I have a group of friends who get forwarded the "best" of the Cypherpunks
> list.  The signal to noise ratio is high enough that I have to be careful
> how much I forward lest I get complaints at the volume of what I forward.
> Turning this into an alt group would destroy that.

I don't understand this tendency to want to TURN the list into anything.

Leave the list, and start an alt.* group if you like.

I prefer the list, but will look at the group from time to time.

Why must this be an either/or choice?

---
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information