DD, pedaphiles, and Terrorists, oh my

anonymous at freezone.remailer anonymous at freezone.remailer
Thu Sep 14 11:43:05 PDT 1995

September 13, 1995

               PRESS BRIEFING BY MIKE MCCURRY

[Snip]

MR. MCCURRY:  ... [The President]'ll be making some fairly
significant news on Thursday.  So he'll be very busy next
week.

Q    News?  What kind of news?

Q    News on what?

MR. MCCURRY:  You'll see next week.

[Snip]

Q    What about Thursday --

Q    Are you going?

MR. MCCURRY:  Half and half, I think.  I'll go -- I think
there are some days that look more political; I don't think
it's necessary for me to be there.

Q    What will be the general topic on Thursday?

MR. MCCURRY:  On Thursday?  Technology.

[Snip to end]

----------

Any scuttlebutt that computer security, the Internet or
encryption are the "technology?"

Or related to the NYT spin today on LEA-web-snooping:

   "We are not going to permit exciting new technology to be
   misused to exploit and injure children," Attorney General
   Janet Reno said today in announcing the arrests.

   The culmination of the inquiry by the Federal Bureau of
   Investigatlon comes at a time when the agency has needed
   some favorable attention to offset a string of incidents
   that have cast it in a negative light. Its officials have
   come under fire for their role in the siege at Waco, Tex.,
   the standoff with a white separatist in Idaho and, most
   recently, over an attempt to cover up aspects in the Idaho
   incident.

Or diversion from the allegations of Special Agent Whitehurst
that Feeb lab rats and bosses are corrupt -- tar-morphing even
Golden Boy Freeh.

Pray that kid-loving Reno HRTs the abusive brats.