Whitehouse "dissident" web site monitoring?

Adam Shostack adam at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:33:33 PDT 1995

(Phill Hallam Baker's request that we respect the privacy of
Government employees started this thread)

| > 	Sure.  I'll respect their privacy as much as they, and the
| > organizations they oversee, respect mine.  I'll use as the
| > respresentative organizations the IRS and the Social Security
| > Administration, which respects my pricvacy so much that they use
| > prison inmates to process paperwork.
| >
| > 	If I was in a nasty mood, I'd add the USPS.
| >
| > 	Sarcasm aside, they show no interest in other people's
| > privacy.  Why should we go out of our way to do anything but show them
| > how bad the situation is?

| Oh please!  Some clerk browses the internet and you don't want to respect
| their privacy because of the IRS?  This makes sense how?  I suppose that
| you're going to dig up information about me and spread it around the
| internet because you have issues about the company I work for?

	First off, I was being somewhat sarcastic, as you might have
noticed from several things, not the least of which was the phrase
'sarcasm aside.'

	That said, why should I respect the privacy of government
employees?  There is a substantial difference between government and
private companies, in that I am not compelled in any way to do
business any private company.

Adam

					               -Hume