Whitehouse "dissident

DAMION FURI damion.furi at the-matrix.com
Wed Sep 13 04:58:40 PDT 1995

TCM|We don't believe in "security through obscurity," do we? The notion that we
   |are "safe" if the White House, or (horrors!) Janet Reno herself, are not
   |reading our list or the Web sites on various issues, is the same kind of
   |security the ostrich thinks he has with his head in the sand and his butt
   |in the air.

        Maybe so, but we don't have to like it.  And I don't.  But
        it's not so much their access, per se, that I object to.
        It's their potential intentions, all things considered, and
        the fact that they aren't at all open about such monitoring.

TCM|If you want to be unheard by the Feds, and the White House, and the FBI,
   |and GCHQ, and Mossad, etc., then don't post publically. If you want your
   |own access to Web sites kept private, push for the development of Web
   |proxies ("Web remailers").

        Mix or Flame is fine. :)

        furi at the-matrix.com    pgp-public-key at demon.co.uk    C1225CE1
  RADical 1 Systems - Multi-Platform Custom Programming, Service, & Support