Senate Bill 974?

Futplex futplex at pseudonym.com
Sun Sep 10 17:58:13 PDT 1995

David Neal writes:
> Haven't seen it discussed here, but the August 28, 1995 issue of Lan
> Times covers Sen. Charles Grassley's (R-IOWA) Senate Bill 974.

Actually, we considered S.974 (the Anti-Electronic Racketeering Act of 1995)
here in excruciating detail a couple of months ago. Check the archives from
e.g. July.

At last report, the bill had been referred to committee. If/when it ever
emerges from subcommittee, there's cause for concern. No mention of it has
been made in the Congressional Record since Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona joined
as a cosponsor in late July. It doesn't currently appear on the unofficial
list of "hot bills" on Thomas -- "bills that have received or are receiving
floor action and/or debate in the United States Congress"
(http://thomas.loc.gov/home/hot-bill.html)  Hopefully it has died in
committee, as more pressing matters have taken precedence.

-Futplex <futplex at pseudonym.com>