Privacy book list

Richard P. Klau KLAURICH at uofrlaw.urich.edu
Fri Sep 8 15:00:50 PDT 1995

> I got a letter in the mail today from Plenum Publishing Corp in NY,
> advertising a book called _Mind Your Own Business: The Battle for
> Personal Privacy_ by Gini Graham Scott.  It seems I am on a
> mailing list for privacy freaks.  Oh the irony!
>
> They must have gotten my name from somewhere.  The only two sources that
> I can think of are the lists for CFP '94 and '95, and a
> revolver club that I used to be a member of.  Has anyone else on the
> list gotten this ad?

I got the ad (and a subsequent review copy, upon request) after we
published the first issue of the Journal of Law & Technology on the
web.  It appears that they got my name, and address, from the web
(both are displayed in the "Contacting the Journal" page).

I haven't had much time to read the book, but my recollection is that
it is somewhat misguided in its analysis of privacy online.  Its
historical perspective is fairly thorough, however.

--Rick Klau

---------
Richard P. Klau (3L)  //  klaurich at uofrlaw.urich.edu
Editor in Chief, Richmond Journal of Law & Technology
         http://www.urich.edu/~jolt/