Why Key Escrow (GAK) is So Bad

Robert A. Rosenberg hal9001 at panix.com
Fri Sep 8 00:12:11 PDT 1995

At 10:22 9/7/95, Timothy C. May wrote:
>(Ironically, I just heard about a case in Texas where a judge ordered a
>mother to stop speaking in Spanish to her child at home, calling it "child
>abuse." The implications of this are self-evident.)

You have the facts slightly wrong. The order was no to stop talking Spanish
and to use English but only to Not use Spanish EXCLUSIVELY but to also use
English (so as to allow the Child to Grow up in a Bilingual Environment).
Waiting until the child was old enough to go to school would put the Child
at a disadvantage in learning English since the window of Chance for
Language Skill Pickup would have closed.