Are booby-trapped computers legal?

Josh M. Osborne stripes at va.pubnix.com
Thu Sep 7 06:16:30 PDT 1995

In message <9509061938.AA02249 at zorch.w3.org>, hallam at w3.org writes:
[...]
>People who go round drawing parallels to gun ownership and cryptography
>ownership are simply playing into the governments hands.

That could well be.  (that's a crypto relivant as this message
gets - sorry)

>                                                        Cryptography has net
>benefits to society. Most advocates of gun ownership tend to convince me of
>little more than they are a danger to society. Regardless of their case they a
>re
>the biggest argument for gun control, and therfore poor advocates of their
>cause.    [...]

I'm sorry to see you say that, but rather then argue here I'll provide
a pointer to a fine set of arguments "A Nation of Cowards" by Jeffrey R.
Snyder (the "nation" it refers to is the USA, not the UK).  Available
via the web <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~karl/firearms/cowards.html>, enjoy
or not.