Phil Zimmermann/Amnesty International?

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Sep 1 19:12:02 PDT 1995

At 12:50 AM 9/2/95, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Michael Froomkin wrote:
>
>> I think he would have to be charged first.  Have I missed something?
>> PS when does the statute of limitations run out?
>
>I'm assuming that the statute of limitations has run out on most of these
>things ( I don't know CA law, except to know it's weird :-)
>What I'm concerned about, and nobody seems to have picked up on it, is
>that one of the transcripts said that he and a partner beat up a bunch of
>perps after they tried to surrender and that one of them died(!!).
>That's murder in my book, and there is non statute of limitations on
>that, even in California...

Zimmermann and which partner?

If it was Charlie Merritt, then all I can say is that I'm surprised. Kelly
Goen...now there's a possibility.

--Tim May

P.S. As the thread title--"Re: Phil Zimmermann/Amnesty
International?"--suggests, Phil Z. is the subject being discussed. Gary
Jeffers made the bizarre speculation that Amnesty International might want
to consider Phil a "prisoner of conscience" or a "political prisoner," or
somesuch. All Michael Froomkin and others of us were pointing out is that
this would be rather difficult, given that Phil has not even been charged,
let alone tried, let alone imprisoned.

How Mark Furhman migrated into this thread is beyond me. But, then, he
killed Ron and Nicole, planted the glove to frame the nigger he hated so
much, and was also involved in the bombing of the WTC. That he helped Phil
export PGP is thus not surprising.