Keyed-MD5, ITAR, and HTTP-NG

Doug Hughes Doug.Hughes at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Oct 30 17:14:59 PST 1995

>  Since you deal with security issues maybe you can help me to learn
>about some issues with encryption.  I am talking with one of the
>administration people about putting PGP on the system for everyone to
>use, but there are issues for them (the admin) as they might be liable,
>even if they can't read the e-mail.  What other legal considerations
>should be evaluated?
>  Is there any large organizations (like any other universities) that
>allow their students to use PGP, and have the system in place to make it
>easier for the students?  If it is offered here I might be the one to add
>to the mail program (pine) that is generally used to transparently use
>PGP, which is what I mean by having a system set up for the encryption.
>  Thanx for any help.  Take care and have fun.
>
>James Black
>black at suntan.eng.usf.edu

We have approx 1000 machines and 5000 user accounts and have pgp installed.
I can't think of any reason not to have it installed, and lots of good
reasons for having it installed.

Doug Hughes					Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin  				Auburn University
			doug at eng.auburn.edu
	Apple T-shirt on Win95 - "Been there, done that"