e-mail, business and privicy

Joe Turner turner at TeleCheck.com
Fri Oct 27 11:45:50 PDT 1995

> An old subject, but could someone please give me a pointer
> to the legalities of reading other peoples mail in the working
> environment.
>
> Many thanks,

Unless otherwise notified, I believe you have a right to
privacy.  Some companies are up front and make you sign a
piece of paper to the effect that when your at work...

Here at TeleCheck, we had to sign a piece of paper that promised
that we wouldn't read each *other's* mail, after a nasty incident
in which involved an employee and forged mail ardently confessing
is new found homosexuality (boy was be suprised...).  But that
was a long time ago, which predates the notices we had to sign.

The point was clear.  Don't read your supervisor's mail or you will be
terminated (as an employee was).

--
Joe N. Turner		Telecheck International
turner at telecheck.com    5251 Westheimer, PO BOX 4659, Houston, TX 77210-4659