idle CPU markets

Jay Campbell edge at got.net
Fri Oct 27 06:23:12 PDT 1995

>>What other problems would benefit from easy access to lots of distributed
>>CPU cycles?
>
>3D Rendering and Physics simulations come immediately to mind.

A graphic-arts chum of mine is really hyper about cycle sales - it will
allow him to produce broadcast-quality commercials on a project-by-project
basis without a huge initial hardware upgrade investment. Is anyone working
on a Java libarary/demo/whatnot that allows plug-in algorithms, work
completion 'fetch next batch' code, and some rudimentary authentication
scheme? If not, I may tinker with this - if so, I'd like to chat :)
--
   Jay Campbell                edge at got.net - Operations Manager
   -=-=-=-=-=-=-               Sense Networking, Santa Cruz Node

"On the Information Superhighway, I'm the guy
  behind you in this morning's traffic jam leaning on his horn."