Anonymous Account Help

+*+ Billy Smith bsmith at gears.efn.org
Thu Oct 26 20:19:19 PDT 1995

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, hroller wrote:

> I have been having problems trying to set up an account at
> alpha.c2.org. I have followed all the instructions but am still unable to
> get a reply or anything that works right. What I am doing wrong? This is
> what I have done so far. I am about to pull my hair out. I have been
> working on this for 2 days now. Anyway,
>
> 1. Created a Reply Block like this:
> Request-Remailing-To: hroller at metronet.com
>
> 2. I then encrypted it with remailer at replay.com's Public Key. I prepended it
> with the "Encrypted: PGP".
>
> 3. I then created the following message:
>
> From: hroller at alpha.c2.org
 > Password: MyPassword
> Reply-Block:
> ::
> Anon-To: remailer at replay.com
>
> ::
> Encrypted: PGP
> -------Begin PGP Message----------
> "The Encrypted Reply Block Message"
> ------End PGP Message-------------
>
> 4. I then sent it to "alias at alpha.c2.org".
>
> Then I wait. But never get anything from alpha.c2.org.  I have gotten
> some anonymous messages from replay, but they are still encrypted so
> I don't know what it is sending me. Any help you can supply would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
>Humm, If you got an encryped return from alpha.c2.org that means that
your request worked. Use the password you sent to them to decrypt the msg
you received... I spent alot of days waiting for something to happen when
I first registered, I think the name or password I was trying to use had
already been used. If that is the case, alpha.c2.org dosn't respond at
all. It took me awhile to figure that out. Once I selected a name and
password that no one else was using... It worked...