CJR returned to sender

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Wed Oct 25 08:53:49 PDT 1995

At 6:35 AM 10/25/95, Timothy C. May wrote:

>(* Hal Abelson of MIT says there are possible export problems with the MIT
>Press book on PGP, and MIT dropped plans for a version in a special OCR
>font. So, I agree that _some_ books cross the line and look like pure
>software. However, I continue to maintain that a badly-printed barcode is
>just a joke, nothing more.)

Brian LaMacchia sent me e-mail saying the MIT book _was_ published with the
OCR font as originally planned. No response to their CJR request, submitted
in Jan or Feb.

(I spoke to Hal Abelson at the CFP Conference in Feb, and that's when I got
the impression the OCR font had been dropped. Apparently not.)

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.