Crypto's Role in Evil?

Carl Ellison cme at TIS.COM
Tue Oct 24 09:59:34 PDT 1995

>Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 11:20:41 -0700

I'm late getting to my mail backlog.

>From: tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May)

>It's clear that cops cannot protect people, only try to catch the perpetrators.

I heard a particularly scary quote from Director Freeh last Sunday on NPR's
Weekend Edition (I believe that was the show -- segment A-1) in which he
declared "our job is to protect the people".

If that were the FBI's job, then we'd have to look at it as one does to a
loving parent and give it all the authority and respect a child gives a
parent.

 - Carl

|Carl M. Ellison    cme at acm.org    http://www.clark.net/pub/cme		   |
|PGP: E0414C79B5AF36750217BC1A57386478 & 61E2DE7FCB9D7984E9C8048BA63221A2  |
|  ``Officer, officer, arrest that man!  He's whistling a dirty song.''    |