Netscape rewards are an insult

Patrick Horgan patrick at Verity.COM
Tue Oct 24 08:50:44 PDT 1995

> >                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.
> WTF?

I'm surprised you didn't get this.  It's a simple phrasal substitution cipher,
sort of like a license plate.  Think of it as this:

      C   SUMO      CLU     NE
      See Sumo      Clue    No (clever putting a foreign word there, eh?
                                But not clever enough to throw us off! )

and realizing that sumo refers to sumo wrestling:

      See wrestling clue    no

and when you realize that a clue tells you about the reality of something:

      See wrestling reality no

or rearranging:

      See wresting no reality

or:

      See, wrestling has no reality!

And you can see that it's a simple assertion that professional wrestling's
not real.  It's wrong of course.  Think about when they pick someone up
and throw them.  If that happened to me it would hurt...don't you think?

Patrick
  /  These opinions are mine, and not Verity's (except by coincidence;).  \
 |  Patrick J. Horgan         Verity Inc.                 \\    Have       |
 |  patrick at verity.com        1550 Plymouth Street         \\  _ Sword     |
 |  Phone : (415)960-7600     Mountain View                 \\/    Will    |
 |  FAX   : (415)960-7750     California 94303             _/\\     Travel |