airport security

attila attila at primenet.com
Sun Oct 22 05:17:18 PDT 1995

   I tried to board my 15 year old son on Delta's Sky West in St George
UT for SLC last week --they _required_ ID, and it took me almost 5
minutes to back a very polite counter agent down from the requirement.
   Now, maybe I am an obstructionist, but I have been foregoing the
IRS deductions for my 5 children since I refuse to obtain SSNs for them.
Again, that made life interesting at passport time --I entered
000-00-0000 for the kids and passports were issued.
   Likewise, I have had more than one hospital _try_ to refuse service for
lack of SSN.
   At close to 300 lbs and dressed in black and concave inverter reflector
lenses, it becomes an excellent example of "...intimidation is just
another form of communication...."
   Whether we like it or not, "they" intend to tag us --there was a very
informative article on non-intrusive scanning of the iris for
identification within the last month -not sure which rag. from "their"
perspective, scanning the iris is far more secure than the imbedded
chip.  Maybe we can scuttle it on disrcimination against the visually
impaired! :)
   This topic may be relevant since crypto -probably "their" private
crypto after banning ours- will be essential to establish communications
to the central data bank somewhere under the NSA monolith or whereever...
On the other, the list topics are too fragmented and I agree with tcm,
futplex, etc. that we need more concentration on crypto "methods" -rather
than speculation on what method the Feds are going to try to screw us
over with next.