PA Remailer Concerns

goldberg at superlink.net goldberg at superlink.net
Wed Oct 18 22:40:15 PDT 1995

At 11:47 PM 10/14/95 -0700, anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com wrote:
>Has anyone examined the legislative history associated with this statute?
>
>I would be surprised if they were singling out anonymous remailers.  They
may have had other concerns regarding phone abuse, e.g., long distance fraud.

>Then again, I could be full of it...

Doesn't necessarily matter what the legislative history was.  When some
prosecutor trying to make a name for himself hooks onto this language to
prosecute an anonymous remailer or other perceived miscreant, nobody will
remember what the intent was.  The casebooks are full of perversions of
original intent.
Jon Goldberg