[NOISE] Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Futplex futplex at pseudonym.com
Wed Oct 18 13:28:47 PDT 1995

someone claiming to be Alice de `nonymous writes:
> Is your comment about the "Bugs Bounty" program an official comment, that
> you have "no idea how valuable" it will be??  Shall I give you a clue,
> as to how valuable the discovery of a flawed algorithm might be??

Whoa there !  You've just made a huge conceptual leap, from "value of the
Bugs Bounty program" to "value of the discovery of a security flaw". I think
nearly everyone agrees that the latter is significant. There appears to be
great disagreement about the former, as Alice de `nonymous has demonstrated.

[...]
> after
> posting the exploitation algorithm last week -- on Friday the Thirteenth --
> there has been nothing but public relations huff-and-puff.

There's been a specific response to your claim, which so far you have ignored.
It would seem that you are far more interested in impugning Netscape's motives
than discussing the security issue you raised.

[...]
> I wonder ... are you paying them in shirts or migs, for their white-wash
> review??

Ooh, I like this idea. Find a flaw, get a MiG-29 ! Of course, we knew that
Netscape Communications Corp. must be a KGB front. The Commies are still
hoping to undermine U.S. national security. Did you notice that we heard
about the White House browsing Web pages right about the same time that
KKlinton relaxed the supercomputer export controls ?  Adding insult to
injury, they want to foist surplus Soviet goods off on us....

<chortle>

-Futplex <futplex at pseudonym.com>