DalSemi: Add-Only Memory for Storage of Digital Cash

s1018954 at aix2.uottawa.ca s1018954 at aix2.uottawa.ca
Tue Oct 17 18:02:12 PDT 1995

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Scott Brickner wrote:

> Nathan Loofbourrow writes:
> >And there's another item of note: each chip has a unique, etched,
> >machine-readable serial number. What are the bets that Dallas
> >Semiconductor can tell you who purchased that chip? Well, so much for
> >an anonymous payment scheme based on *this* product.
>
> Some enterprising cypherpunks can buy a bunch and resell 'em for cash.

And then sell the serial address for cash.
How do I know that they (this means YOU! :> ) don't work for the company?
(which is a contracter for, blackmail-victim of, tentacle of NSA, CSE,
TCMAY, Purplenet, your fairy-stepmother ...)

Of course there's always the mail-drop & forward-net... (anyone one know
maildrop company addresses, the possible (il)legality of these things or
any reported monitoring cases? A physical remailernet might come to matter in an
economy where the "split" between an untaxable info economy and a
taxable physical economy become pronounced. Though it's kinda hard to encrypt
and reorder packages.)