java flaw

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Oct 17 08:05:25 PDT 1995

At 06:59 AM 10/17/95 UTC, jerry the golden retriever wrote:
> A security feature in Java scans for viruses before activating the
> applet.

I hope that this is false.

Even if one had genuine artificial intelligence, it would be impossible
to detect all viruses, only particular viruses and classes of virus.

If Java is secure, virus scanning should be unnecessary, indeed
impossible, because there could be no code configuration capable
of acting as a virus.

If virus scanning occurs, then it is possible to write a virus in Java,
then Java is inherently insecure.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com