Bug Bounty [noise]

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Mon Oct 16 19:04:20 PDT 1995

At 05:47 PM 10/16/95 -0700, you wrote:
>Alan Olsen wrote:
>>
>> Something I noticed about the Netscape Bug Bounty that seems to not have
>> been mentioned here...
>>
>>         "Linux users need not apply."
>
>  If a linux user finds a security hole that is reproducible in
>any supported version then they are still eligible for the prizes.
>If a linux user finds a security hole that only applies to linux,
>I don't know what the company would do, but I would push for them
>being payed as well.

If you look at what versions are eligible for rewards of any sort, Linux is
not on the list.  Was it an oversight or are they only eligible for the
security cash?

|       Visualize a world without lawyers!        | alano at teleport.com   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmerman unites all| Disclaimer:          |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!" | Ignore the man       |
|   -- PGP 2.6.2 key available on request --      |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano          |       <fnord>        |