robo remailerRE: robo remailer

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Mon Oct 16 00:40:35 PDT 1995

nobody at REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) wrote:

> Is the remailer "robo at c2.org" a PGP remailer?
> In the remailer-list, it is not listed as such and yet it has a
> public PGP key (dated 5/7/95)?  Also, is it robo or ROBO, or
> doesn't the case matter?

>From what I heard last week, the remailer operator's account at
c2.org expired and was cancelled, thus the remailer is down.
Previously, it had been a full-fledged cypherpunk-type remailer,
with Type II (Mixmaster) capabilities, to boot.

Such are the uncertainties of using remailers.  What would have been
nice, of course, would have been for Sameer (sameer at c2.org), or
whoever runs Community Conexxion, to post a bulletin here giving
everyone a few days' notice before pulling the plug on this
remailer.  Undoubtedly, people are still chaining through it and
wondering why their messages/posts are not showing up.

NOTE:  People with anon reply blocks from alpha.c2.org that chained
through robo need to replace them, or risk lost messages!