Netscape rewards are an insult

Miguel Diaz MIGUELDIAZ at megaweb.com
Sat Oct 14 06:04:58 PDT 1995

Dr. Frederick B. Cohen writes in part:

>	The idea that Netscape (like Microsoft) thinks they can
get
> free
>testing services from all over the net by real experts just
> by offerring
>a tee shirt is down right offensive.

Ditto.  The next major hack of Netscape will likely be used to
bring that company to its knees. Unless one assumes that
obvious backdoors will still be unprotected by their new code,
a lot of computing time for brute force attacks and algorithm
development will have to be spent to properly crack Netscape
again. I seriously doubt the successful individuals will
merely settle for fame and not fortune this time around.

OTOH I would much rather see MS get hacked next. If the
rumors, which are piling now, on MS being a Peeping Tom when
it comes to hard drives are true, I wonder if there might be a
way to send a byte bomb to their bit bucket??.......