Netscape 2.0b1J still core dumps on Java

Thomas Grant Edwards tedwards at Glue.umd.edu
Fri Oct 13 15:55:14 PDT 1995

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Jeff Weinstein wrote:

>   I'm not sure what you are getting at.  Are you saying that you've
> tried running Netscape's Java on SunOS and it doesn't work?  If that
> is the case, then it is a bug that will be fixed...

Uh, I must have been asleep and read your comment as Netscape 2.0 Java
did not run on SunOs...Perhaps you can understand my confusion when it
says at http://home.netscape.com/comprod/mirror/unix/ :
"The IRIX and Sun Solaris versions of Netscape Navigator 2.0b1 include
Java support."  With no mention of SunOs.  But looking at the ftp sites,
I do see the 20b1J for SunOs4.1.3.  Yey!

-Thomas