Anguilla Cypherpunks Meeting

Michael Froomkin froomkin at law.miami.edu
Fri Oct 13 10:23:38 PDT 1995

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995 s1018954 at aix2.uottawa.ca wrote:
> What if you were a dual citizen (US/Canada in my case)?

Get competent legal advice.  I.e. don't ask me.  As a general rule, I
know of two principles that might be relevant here: 1) US and Canada
rules on export control tend to be very similar; 2) lots of US rules
apply to US persons abroad, not just income tax.  See, e.g., the Trading
With the Enemy Act.

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law |
U. Miami School of Law     | froomkin at law.miami.edu
P.O. Box 248087            | http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA | New address, but it's still just as hot here.