Aquaria wars ?

Hadmut Danisch danisch at ira.uka.de
Thu Oct 12 10:09:37 PDT 1995

I need some historical information for a discussion about which
security features are to be used in usenet. Perhaps someone can help:

Some (many) years ago there was a very large and long flamewar at the
usenet. As far as I know it was called "The Aquaria Wars" because it
began with a debate about the question whether the newsgroup should be
named "alt.aquaria" or "alt.aquarium". I am looking for historical
informations about this flamewar.

Can anyone remember it or is there anything available about?

Thanks a lot

Hadmut