Elementrix Press Release

s1018954 at aix2.uottawa.ca s1018954 at aix2.uottawa.ca
Wed Oct 11 20:08:17 PDT 1995

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Jiri Baum wrote:

> Still, who knows what surprises QM can provide?
>
> In which case calling it a "telepathic key exchange scheme" might
> be quite appropriate :-)

I don't think that's what was meant. After all, using telepathy as a
secure channel, you'd still need a comm protocol. The last time I checked
protocols and algorithms are one and the same. Since elementrix doesn't use
algorithms, we shouldn't defame them by claiming they've invented secure
telepathy.

Now wouldn't that be interesting to patent?
(One wonders if elementrix employees occasionally indulge in guilty
glances at Knuth and Sedgewick without their bosses' knowledge.)