anonymous web pages?

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Wed Oct 11 18:38:38 PDT 1995

At 7:18 PM 10/11/95, Nelson Minar wrote:
>The hard part would be finding a site that would be willing to serve
>anonymous pages. I don't understand the politics at various sites that
>allow anonymous remailers: maybe this isn't much harder?

Yes, it is "much harder". Unless the site had a cache of all the pages that
it was willing to source (the usual case), traffic analysis could easily be
applied to determine the sources for pages because, unlike mail which is
"store and forward", web pages are provided on a realtime connection.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw at dataplex.net