Java bugs found?

Richard Reich Richard_Reich at reich.com
Mon Oct 9 18:46:16 PDT 1995

After I noticed the file had been pulled, I recovered its contents from my
netscape cache (thanks, netscape!):

  Netscape was notified on Sunday 10/8/95 by Sun Microsystems that there
is a serious security hole in their Java system that we are including in
some Beta Test versions of Netscape Navigator 2.0.  We are removing all
Java enabled Navigator Beta distributions from our FTP site until we can
address this problem.  The effected versions are 32-Bit Windows, Sun Unix,
and SGI Unix.  Thank you for your patience.