CancelMoose = William Nagengast?

Syrinx Anonymous Remailer syrinx at c2.org
Fri Oct 6 18:38:06 PDT 1995

> Who cares?

Well, nobody, really. Actually I feel kinda guilty about posting this
in the first place.

> And if I did care who the "cancelmoose" is, I'd care more about the trail
> of evidence "Anonymous" thinks links "cancelmoose" to the eponymous moose
> at panix.com. Name space collisions are hardly convincing.

Sorry. I did leave out one key piece of information:

> host cm.org
cm.org mail is handled by panix3.panix.com
cm.org mail is handled by not-a-firewall.panix.com
cm.org mail is handled by panix4.panix.com
cm.org mail is handled by panix.com
cm.org mail is handled by panix2.panix.com

That, in conjunction with the fact that moose at cm.org is the email
address given for the cancelmoose, does point to the connection.

However, after a little further investigation, I don't think it really
is Mr. Nagengast. It actually appears that panix.com is running a
little remailer. As Dave Winer would say, cooooool.

> Oh, did I tell you I discovered the real identity of Jack the Ripper? A
> finger of ripper at netcom.com reveals some very interesting information. Film
> at 11.

> Once again, anonymity is being used as a cover for cluelessness.

You're right. My sincerest apologies.