More forged cancels

Michael R. Grabois orbit at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 1 22:13:04 PDT 1995

On Sun, 01 Oct 1995 23:45:24 GMT, jbyrd at tiac.net (Jim Byrd) wrote:

[snip]

>-----------------begin control message
>From: 73323.603 at compuserve.com
>Newsgroups: soc.culture.german,soc.culture.jewish
>Subject: cmsg cancel <73323.603-3009951517290001 at ts7-28.upenn.edu>
>Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 17:56 GMT

>CANCELLED.

>----end control message

Does this mean that the cancel came from the Compuserve account?
Forging cancel notices is definitely against CIS rules, as is
unsolicited e-mail. I've already talked to a sysop there about it, and
he said he'd pass it along to the CIS Security folks.

If nothing else, that may get his account revoked. Hey, small
victories.

        Michael R. Grabois    | orbit at ix.netcom.com
        Houston, TX           | CI$: 74737,2600
    Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law.