"Proprietary" internetworking protocols (was RE: The future will be easy to use )

hallam at w3.org hallam at w3.org
Thu Nov 30 00:03:36 PST 1995

Both Netscape and Sun had a product that had a large number of seats. From what I
have seen the POTP have diddly squat in the way of seats.

Looking at the market today it is clear that there are fewer oppotunities to do that
type of roll out. Netscape and Sun were running just ahead of a market. Today I
don't see how many people will want to abandon PGP for a product that is
indistinguishable from smoke 'n mirrors.

	Phill