Fertile ground for papers....

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Wed Nov 29 20:42:13 PST 1995

At 3:22 AM 11/30/95, Pete Loshin wrote:

>In any case, using such a "public" and daily number
>eliminates the problem of proving the game isn't fixed.

Maybe.

In passing, the whole field of cryptography is filled with interesting
papers with titles like "How to toss a fair coin over the telephone" and
"Avoiding double spenders in digital money systems."

Meaning, how robust cryptographic protocols can be used to avoid scams
familiar to the most junior grifter.

The theme of "proving anonymous betting schemes are not fixed" is in the
same vein, and could establish the reputation of any budding Amos Fiats or
David Chaums out there.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.