Elliptic curves, patent status?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Nov 29 09:09:34 PST 1995

At 08:13 AM 11/29/95 EST, Dan Bailey wrote:
> Does the patent create any headaches for elliptic curve research or
> publishing elliptic curve papers, or just for new products?

Patents do not prohibit research -- Yet.

Patent law continues to be extravagantly re interpreted from time to
time, in a way that continually increases the power of the patent
office and the power of the courts, but this creativity has not
yet collided drastically with freedom of speech.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com