Spam the Sign!

s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Fri Nov 24 07:58:32 PST 1995

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, jim bell wrote:

> deal of fanfare, and tell him to "write some crypto."  He does, and brings
> it back into the US with him, leaving a copy of it "outside" the country for
> international distribution.
As long as the programmer's not American. They could contract it to a
Canadian though. We don't have freeware export restrictions on non-US
crypto, but I'm none too clear about everything else. All the same why not
contract it to Eric Young or whoever it is who's doing an independent
version of SSL (or whatever it's called) Down Under (was it Australia or
NZ?) ? I don't see why geography's a problem.