Spam the Sign!

Frank Stuart fstuart at vetmed.auburn.edu
Wed Nov 22 10:47:39 PST 1995

>[regarding suggestion that netscape give mit or someone a 128 bit version
>to place on an ftp server]
>
>This is not an apology for the the ITAR, just my usual lawyerly overcaution:
>
>Suppose A gives B a program that is export controlled, intending for B to
>allow it to be exported.  Has A conspired with B to export the program?
>
>Let's ask the grand jury investigating Phil....

That's a possible problem, I suppose, but wouldn't you be protected if
your license agreement with MIT (or whoever) specified redistribution
"for domestic use only"?

                          | (Douglas) Hofstadter's Law:
Frank Stuart              | It always takes longer than you expect, even
fstuart at vetmed.auburn.edu | when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.