towards a theory of reputation

Michael Froomkin froomkin at law.miami.edu
Wed Nov 22 08:04:07 PST 1995

This discussion puzzles me.  I thought we were bombarded with
reputational goods all the time:  brand names, stocks (what is a purchase
in the 2ndary market but a purchase of reputation most of the time?),
degrees from famous universities.  Anonymity compliates matters only if
no systems of unique ID is used.  Throw in digital signatures and we are
back at brand names, aren't we?

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law |
U. Miami School of Law     | froomkin at law.miami.edu
P.O. Box 248087            | http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA | It's warm here.