SA: Confidential Communication on the Internet

michael shiplett walrus at ans.net
Fri Nov 17 08:45:25 PST 1995

"ao" == Aleph One <aleph1 at dfw.net> writes:

ao> On the December issue of Scientific American there is an article
ao> by Thomas Beth, "Confidential Communication on the Internet".
ao> Lite on the technical side but good reading anyway.

  This seemed to be a duplication of an X.509 certificate hierarchy:
``Hey, I don't know who you are but you have a seals which go back to
a CA I trust.'' In this respect the information seemed unworthy of an
article in SA.

Perhaps I did not read the article closely enough?

michael