4096 bit strong prime for Diffle-Hellman

Andy Brown asb at nexor.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 06:49:52 PST 1995

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Eric Young wrote:

> Just for anyone interested, I 'found' a suspected 4096 strong prime (p and
> (p-1)/2 are prime) for use with Diffie-Hellman, generator of 2.

As a matter of interest, how long did it take you to generate this, and
with what hardware?  I left a 120Mhz Pentium searching for 15 hours
overnight without any success (it managed to eliminate 10 candidate primes
as not strong in that time).

Regards,

- Andy

 Andrew Brown  Internet <asb at nexor.co.uk>  Telephone +44 115 952 0585
 PGP (2048/9611055D): 69 AA EF 72 80 7A 63 3A  C0 1F 9F 66 64 02 4C 88
 All views expressed here are my own and not those of my employer