The Crypto Applications we would rather not talk about

David J. Bianco bianco at itribe.net
Mon Nov 13 10:16:10 PST 1995

On Nov 13,  9:21, Lee Tien sent the following to the NSA's mail archives:
> Subject: Re: The Crypto Applications we would rather not talk about
|| Actually, the NYT Magazine did a cover story on pot growing within the last
|| year, and toward the end one of the Americans doing grow rooms in Holland
|| said specifically that he was looking toward anonymous electronic
|| communications as a way to control his grow rooms remotely and securely.

If the story were about how pot growers used locks on their doors to
keep people out, I doubt very many people would care.  The mere fact
that a computer is involved in some way turns on the hype buttons of many
journalists who would otherwise find the story unremarkable.

	David

David J. Bianco			| Web Wonders, Online Oddities, Cool Stuff
iTribe, Inc.			| Phone: (804) 446-9060 Fax: (804) 446-9061
Suite 1700, World Trade Center	| email: <bianco at itribe.net>
Norfolk, VA 23510		| URL  : http://www.itribe.net/~bianco/