hacker's dream [Win95]

Rich Graves llurch at networking.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 12 17:30:05 PST 1995

This article is basically true. I'm not sure what they mean be "creating
a simple file on your local machine," though. Anybody?

Microsoft appears to have patched the SMB and C$ bugs, but in the
US/English release only. Yusuf Mehdi sent me email Thursday promising
that international patches would be available *within two weeks* --
there  was no explanation for the delay, and I can think of none.

This is discussed a bit in article <4814sh$i3g at Networking.Stanford.EDU>
and folowups, and a bunch of places on
gopher://quixote.stanford.edu/1m/win95netbugs.

- -rich